What is Brazil LGBT Population

What is Brazil LGBT Population

LGBT people in Brazil represent an estimated 8.35% of the Brazilian population, or approximately 20,000,000 people.

What is Brazil LGBT Population
What is Brazil LGBT Population

A 2009 survey conducted by University of São Paulo revealed 7.8% of Brazilian males identified as gay and 2.6% identified as bisexual, for a total of 10.4% of the male population. Lesbians comprised 4.9% of the population and bisexual women comprised 1.4%, for a total of 6.3% of the female population.

The sex composition of the LGBT population is distributed as follows: 64% male and 36% female. The composition of declared sexual orientation of the study population is distributed as follows: 54% said were gay, 28% said were lesbian, 17% said were bisexual, 1% did not fit in any of the above. The education of the LGBT population is distributed as follows: 57% have higher degree (university or college) complete, 40% have high school (school) complete. The composition of housing condition of the LGBT population is distributed as follows: 52% live with parents or relatives, 22% live with partners, 20% live alone, 6% live with friends.

In 2010, a survey conducted by Ministry of Health of Brazil revealed that the Brazilian gay population has more money than heterosexual population. The homosexuals were: A and B classes, 26.9%, C class, 49.9%, D and E classes, 23.2%. The heterosexuals were: A and B classes, 18.2%, C class, 47.8%, D and E classes 34%.

What is Brazil LGBT Population 1

LGBTs in Porto Alegre

In 2007, a survey conducted by Insearch revealed that gays of Brazil spend 40% more on items related to leisure than heterosexuals. 84% traveled to Brazil four times over the past 12 months and 36% went abroad in the last three years. The Brazilian gays also read more, 88% read newspapers, and 94% read magazines. 73% have a habit of go to the movies three times a month on average, 46% go to the theater once a month and 57% buy eight books a year. Surpassing the national average.

Approximately 80% of Brazilian LGBTs reside in large cities, 50% came from interior. The large cities of Brazil, known as gay-friendly, often contain a number of gay-oriented establishments, such as gay bars and pubs, gay nightclubs, gay bathhouses and gay restaurants. The most famous gay village of São Paulo is the Frei Caneca Street and in Rio is the Farme de Amoedo Street.

By city

RankCityPercentage
of City
Population
GLBPopulation
rank
1Rio de Janeiro14.30%1
2Fortaleza9.35%2
3Manaus8.35%3
4São Paulo8.20%4
5Salvador8.05%5
6Brasília7.95%6
7Belo Horizonte6.85%7
8Curitiba6.55%8
9Porto Alegre5.95%9
10Cuiabá

File:Lésbicas caminhando com bandeira lgbt.jpg

Lesbian couple in Brasília.

Same-sex relationships in the same home by Brazilian regions, according to the 2010 IBGE Census:

RankRegionSame-sex
Couples
Same-sexCouples
rank
1Southeast32,2021
2Northeast12,1962
3South8,0003
4Central-West4,1414
5North3,4295

GDP per capita

Same-sex couples had more GDP per capita (annual) than Opposite-sex couples, according to the 2010 IBGE Census:

GDP per capita (annual)Opposite-sex CouplesSame-sex Couples
9.2%3.4%
R$3,27018.72%15.6%
R$6,54010.56%25.14%
R$13,08010.56%20.5%
R$32,7003.41%9.55%
R$65,4001.05%3.77%
> R$130,800 (rich)0.34%1.4%

 

Best Top 10 Search Finder

Assist

Aerial Duel Won

cinderella usa deluxe double doll stroller

Hits: 0

Author: Webmaster

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *